When we launched our full-service mechanical repair shop, we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than to get our community to nominate someone who was struggling with vehicle repair and just needed a hand.
Out of all of the incredible nominations, one really stood out. Watch the video for Heather’s story.
At EconoLube we’ve always made giving back to the community a priority. And we’d love for you to join us. See below for a list of ways we can help make life easier for those living and working in our community.
Organizations in the Spruce Grove, Stony Plain & Parkland County area that could use your help:
Other ways to make a difference in our community:
- – Provide a meal to a neighbour in need
- – Offer to walk someone’s dog / dog sit
- – Pick up groceries for a friend unable to get to the store
- – Shoveling and clearing walkways when it’s cold
- – Paying for someone else’s order at your local coffee shop
- – Donate old towels and blankets to an animal shelter
- – Mow your neighbour’s lawn when you’re out doing your own
- – Visiting with elderly neighbours (a kind word goes a long way)
- – Write an encouraging note to someone that’s struggling
- – Compliment the first 3 people you talk to today
- – Offer people rides, set up a neighbourhood carpool
- – Donate clothes your family no longer wears
- – Surprise a neighbour with freshly baked cookies or treats
- – Know parents who could use a night out? Offer to babysit for free.
As a person who has been living in a pretty hard and lonely place lately, it really does make a difference when somebody reaches and gives you that hand and says “I’ve got you.” Kindness can be contagious, and we need to make sure we took a look around us. Because we never know what someone else is going through.